As many of you know I suffer terribly from migraines. I was on a medication for 4 years that I took to prevent migraines. This medication was an absolute lifesaver. Last April the medication went generic and I thought YEAH my prayers have been answered. This medication, Topamax is so incredibly expensive. But unfortunately, I had terrible side effects from the generic. But because there is a generic available the name brand Topamax now costs me anywhere from $200 - $600. INSANITY!! Obviously I can't nor will I pay that outrageous amount. So last November I wrote a letter to Selecthealth and began the appeals process to hopefully get the Topamax for a much cheaper price. Of course they denied my first appeal, so I appealed again. This time around I was able to go up to SLC and meet with their grievance committee. I felt like it went very well. I prayed that their hearts would be soften and their minds would be open to what I had to say. The looks on their faces was either very deceiving or truly it went well. I should know today or by Monday. I can only hope they will grant my request! Not all generics are the same as the name brand. What I went through while taking the generic was HORRIBLE! There has to be something that can be done to stop these drug companies from charging such an outrageous amount for medication! I would love to see what the price really is for these medications. Wish me luck!!
No comments:
Post a Comment