Here is my update, and as you can tell it isn't good. I received a letter from Selecthealth today and they said my request must remain denied. Let's just say I have cried, screamed, cried some more. Frustrated doesn't even begin to describe how I am feeling right now. I honestly thought they would grant my appeal. For four years I paid roughly $70 a month for Topamax. I told them I was willing to pay that amount. Why, just because there is a generic available does the name brand go up 80%?? It's astronomical!!! Here is just a portion of the letter, "After further evaluation of your request and review of the Select Med Plus Plan you purchased (the "Plan"), the Committee has determined that your request must remain denied. SelectHealth's three-tier prescription drug benefit allows you and your physician to choose the drugs that best meet your medical needs. You are eligible for one of three levels of benefits, depending upon the medication that has been prescribed. Tier 3 drugs are generally brand-name medications that have an alternate drug on a lower tier. Although the Committee understands that you had severe side-effects with the generic substitute, because there are alternative drugs offered on a lower tier, we are unable to grant your appeal." That is funny, because two of my Dr's wrote a letter on my behalf requesting that I be allowed to take the name brand Topamax.
WOW!! I think I am honestly speechless! I don't get it! I don't understand! Here you have a medication that almost completely absolved my migraines, but you can't have it, or you can for what amounts to an Escalade payment. Or, you can take the generic that made it impossible for you to get out of bed, and when you were able to get out of bed you will suffer from SEVERE depression and be suicidal. MMMM, let me think. Now I am back to migraines, headaches, can't be the mother, wife, financial contributor I want to be, but HEY, we're sorry!
Just so they are aware, I WILL NOT STOP AT THIS!! I think this is not only wrong, but criminal!! When, my friends, when will this country give us health care that doesn't rob us blind or make us near bankruptcy?? What I pay in my monthly premium is OUTRAGEOUS!! What I have been made to pay just to see a Dr is OUTRAGEOUS!! This, is OUTRAGEOUS!! It has to STOP!
How to Create a Home Gym on a Budget
7 years ago




Oh Mandy that is horrible...I'm so sorry. I'll keep crossing my fingers for you.
ReplyDelete